- Augustus Waters: "May I see you again?"
- Hazel Grace: "Sure."
- Augustus Waters: "Tomorrow?"
- Hazel Grace: "Patience, grasshopper. You don't want to seem overeager."
- Augustus Waters: "Right, that's why I said tomorrow. I want to see you again tonight. But I'm willing to wait all night and much of tomorrow. I'm serious."
- Hazel Grace: "You don't even know me. How about I call you when I finish this?"
- Augustus Waters: "But you don't even have my phone number."
- Hazel Grace: "I strongly suspect you wrote it in this book."
- Augustus Waters: "And you say we don't know each other."
and doesn’t it seem funny how you wait and wait for a certain day and then it is just finished, over before you’ve had the time to properly drink it in. suddenly you’re not waiting any-more and it is over so quickly.
— Jean-Paul Sartre, ”No Exit” (via mrsfscottfitzgerald)